Sunday, August 01, 2010

This could be the start of something big.

Greetings,

Welcome to The Rainbow Soul Journal, the return of blogging by me, Edric Floyd.

This is just another blog but you never know. This could be the start of something big.

First I will admit that I am not a writer. Some say I can write and express myself well but I have had no formal training. I barely made it through school. So don't expect much especially if you are an english teacher. I am also not a reporter nor an expert on anything political. I like you are just another person with an opinion. Only I plan to express my opinion on cyber steroids. I will do my best to express myself with intregrity and perhaps a little occasional humor.

The Meaning of "Rainbow Soul" isn't complicated at all. The RAINBOW is in reference to the Rainbow Flag commonly used to identify the GAY, LESBIAN, BISEXUAL and TRANSGENDER community. And if you are wondering if I am a member of that community, the answer is yes. And this blog will express and report on issues in support of and in interest to the LGBT community.

The RAINBOW is of many colors. The attitude of this blogger is that of a diverse mindset with respect and acknowlegement of a variety of social, political, economic, ethnic,gender, relgious and spritual identities. There are few boundaries and very little slack will be given. This is an equal opportunity blog. Equal opportunity to praise or to be critical of anyone for any reason. And there will be few regrets as every post will be considered with honestly and intregrity in mind.

The SOUL of this blog has many meanings and is not intended to refer to any ethnic background. I hate labels so I won't care to represent anything more than my being a HUMAN BEING. But here the RAINBOW SOUL also refers to the mind body and SOUL of the blogger and the genre of music that is cherished by this blogger. I grew up as a "son of soul" with the groove of the music deep within my heart. Soul music and its artists will be regularly honored in this blog. The focus is all about the "old school" or as I prefer to call the "original school" for I believe that if not for the OLD and the ORIGINAL, there would be no "new school". So you will often see me include my favorite music.

Music is my drug and I gladly overdose on it daily. But it isn't limited to "Soul" or R&B music. I listen to anything other than hip-hop. Even the theme of THIS blog is in regard to a more big band sound as the blog's title "This Could Be The Start Of Something Big" is a song performed by Steve Lawrence & Eydie Gorme.



This Could Be The Start of Something Big is a song that may be familiar to listeners of the Derek and Romaine show on SiriusXM satalite radio hosted by Derek Hartley and Romaine Patterson.

Why do I think this new "Rainbow Soul Journal" could be the start of something big? I had an ambition many years ago to become known for expressing a passion for something. Music, arts, life in general. And when this whole internet and blog culture developed came an opportunity to make a mark. Add to that the passion and knowledge for a certain type of music and I have been encouraged many times to take that passion to the next level and develop something out of it that can be used to earn a living and/or make a difference. So yes, this could be the start of something big.

I hope this introduction to the RAINBOW SOUL JOURNAL gives you enough of an interest to check things out and hopefully watch as things grow. The seed was planted over the years with the original blog posts you can find in the archives and my previous "E-Blog" on MySpace. I had a few fans there and many on Facebook seem to enjoy my rants. Now I hope my rants will make a difference through this forum.

I invite you to follow me on twitter and the link to that you will see in the blogger profile.

I will end this official FIRST POST as the RAINBOW SOUL JOURNAL by borrowing a portion of a quote by Georgia State Representative Simone Bell at a speech where she accepted an award for her work in the political and legal arena.

"We have a lot of work to do, Let's get busy"

Well I have a lot to say as well. Let's get busy with that as well.

No comments: