Saturday, November 12, 2005

What finally made me start this blog thing

OK, I had wanted to start a blog for a while. It is a great way to express my true thoughts. And often I wish I could tell the world about the things and/or people that totally piss me off. I am not mean enough to tell the person directly, otherwise I'd slap them.

Today, while driving I confronted my usual pet peeve. PEOPLE WHO DRIVE WHILE TALKING ON THEIR CELL PHONES! I'm sure you will read often as I express my disgust with people who commit this crime against safe driving. But today, I witnessed what had to be the most disgusting example of "Driving while Talking".

Many people hate to see what many of us do while alone in our car. Some of us pick our noses. It happens at the traffic light and some unfortunate driver who just happens to glance into their rear view mirror to find the driver behind him just digging away for the golden booger. Today I was that driver. and the guy behind me was digging up his nose with one hand and cell phone was in the other hand!

I wonder if the person on the other end of that phone conversation had any idea what was going on. The whole idea of picking ones nose while talking to someone on the phone is creepy. Just as creepy as if you were sitting on the toilet while talking on the phone. But some people just cant let go of the phone.

Now whats really bad about this is that when the traffic light turned green, the driver behind me continued to multi-task. He was still picking his nose AND talking on the phone! HOLDING THE PHONE WITH ONE HAND and picking the nose with the other hand! Occasionally his nose picking hand would manage to reach the steering wheel for a few seconds, but the telephone hand remained firmly pressed against his hollow head.

I fear this kind or driver and for good reason. I have had TWO separate incidents where people who were driving and talking on their cell phone at the same time collided with MY car. Fortunately there were no injuries, but in both cases I had to deal with the inconvience of having a car in the body shop and dealing with insurance companies for thousands of dollars in repairs.

People who drive while talking on the cell phone are a menace to society and you rank equally with those who are DUI! Some of you should not even talk on the phone using any hands free device. You just cannot carry a conversation and safely drive a vehicle at the same time. You need to focus on your driving and stay off of the phone!

Blogs are great! I feel like I can say anything. So I will give you an idea about the jackass I am talking about. He was driving a blue Honda Civic (with a University of Georgia "G" Sticker in the back window), BIBB County Georgia License plates and traveling along GA HWY 247 near the Macon Georgia Regional Airport. I first saw this idiot at the traffic light just south of the airport. After the light turned green I tried to speed away from this car, but he kept up. Then I changed lanes and hoped that he would pass and go away, but he did not. I could not pull over as we were about to cross a narrow bridge. Eventually I got a safe distance from him. But later this idiot nose picking-cell phone talking driver made a right turn WITHOUT USING A TURN SIGNAL onto Watson Blvd in the city of Warner Robins, Georgia. and he used two lanes of traffic to make that turn!

That phone never left the side of his head!

I wish people like that would run themselves right into a tree and save the rest of us from their carelessness.

No comments: