Sunday, November 20, 2005

It is too early!

Every year I say this, but now I have a blog to document it.

IT IS TOO EARLY TO CELEBRATE CHRISTMAS!!

The Christmas holiday is so commercialized that it makes me sick!

Long before I can enjoy the thanksgiving dinner I usually have Christmas up to my ears! And one of my biggest complaints about the overdose of Christmas is when local radio stations start playing holiday music exclusively for well over a month BEFORE the holiday. Some stations around the US started at Halloween! So that is TWO months of Christmas music. It it too damn early for that! So far, only one local radio station where I live has started their non-stop holiday programing. 35 days before Christmas! There will surely be more stations to go to a holiday music marathon in the coming weeks.

And there are many people who are making early holiday profits for the power companies. Christmas lights went up all over town the first week of November. If I even consider christmas decorations of any kind, it would not be until AFTER Thanksgiving, which is supposed to be the kickoff for the Christmas Holiday. Now that "kickoff" has been pushed back to Halloween, with Thankgiving just another day off from work to eat too much while watching football.

I don't want to damper anyones holiday spirit, but Christmas is in December NOT November!

No comments: