Sunday, November 20, 2005

Thanksgiving week 2005

Thanksgiving is coming this week. And I have been invited to have Thanksgiving dinner with friends. And I am going. I really wanted to just spend the day in seclusion as I have for most Thanksgivng holidays for over a decade. But honestly I really should get into the holiday spirit once again. It sounds like a much better attitude to have than just staying home alone. Life is too short and I have experienced both setbacks and loss this year. So I am going to look forward to getting out for the holiday. I say thank you to those friends who have invited me to share the holiday with them.

2005 has not been a very good year for me. Spending Thanksgivng day with friends will be a great thing. At least I won't have to worry about the travel and traffic I would have faced if I were going to spend the holiday with relatives. I have no family locally.

I am going to think of all of the positive things that I am thankful for during this week of giving thanks. And I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving holiday!

No comments: