Monday, January 02, 2006

First day, First "F" Up!

I was not in the mood to celebrate or even see in the new year. I was glad that the old year was done and a little down because I was going to be alone for New Years Eve again. I was having my "Sick of being single" feelings. So last night around 10:30pm I called it a year (or night). I drank the last of my Egg Nog before bed. That ensured that I would go fast asleep and sleep comfortably.
And boy did I sleep comfortably and long while happily ignoring the midnight event. I slept for 9 hours straight! I never actually sleep that long.

When I did wake up on Sunday it was dark and cloudy outside. Perfect for me to just relax and have a very lazy Sunday. I did have to work for a few hours in the evening, but I had several hours to do absolutely nothing. So I went back to bed.

I did not care about the weather. Rain doesn't bother me. And considering my mood at the new year rain would be appropiate. So let it rain huh? Maybe I should be careful what I ask for.

When I left for work later in the day, it had been a steady downpour for a couple of hours. Enough rain to create puddles in the yard. And the floor of my car! For some reason that I'll never figure out, I left the driver's window rolled down in the car.

I walked up to my car and the driver's window looked strange. OOPS, it was open! First I thought someone had broken into the car. Nope, the car was locked and everything was intact. Even the $20 bill that I had for gas money was still in the visor where I put it when I parked the car last night. I don't know what I was thinking. Or maybe I was just too determined to get inside to avoid New Year's Eve that I just overlooked the fact that I left the driver's window open.

Well thanks to my forgetfulness the driver's seat was soaked and there was a little puddle on the floor. When I discovered this I was late for work and it was still raining. So I had to take my other car, which was out of gas and would use much more gas than the car I allowed to be flooded. I used the car with the soaked interior for work. But tonight I had to use my sporty gas guzzler.

I'll call this my first "F" UP of 2006. And I sure hope it is not a sign of things to come in the new year. However It may make for some interesting blog articles. Stay Tuned and Happy New Year.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post. I used to be checking constantly this weblog and I am inspired! Extremely useful information specially the ultimate part :) I maintain such info much. I used to be seeking this particular information for a very lengthy time.
Thank you and good luck
cash for scrap cars sydney

Delight Car Removal said...

Thanks for sharing. Wow, that was strange. I just wrote a really long comment but aftr I clicked submit my comment didn't show up. Grrrr... well, I'm not writing all that over again. Anyways, just wanted to say fantastic blog!
car wreckers logan

Hashtag Car Removal said...

Hi, I am really glad I have found this info. Nowadays bloggers publish just about gossips and internet and this is actually irritating. A good site with interesting content, this is what I need. Thank you for keeping this web site, I'll be visiting it. Do you do newsletters? Can not find it.
free car removal sydney

Max Cash For Cars said...

Truly, this article is really one of the very best in the history of articles. I am a antique ’Article’ collector and I sometimes read some new articles if I find them interesting. And I found this one pretty fascinating and it should go into my collection. Very good work.
cash for scrap cars caboolture

Charlie Lix said...

For over a decade, we have been delivering unparalleled service and benefits to meet the cash for care needs of the people in Canberra. We ensure that our customers come first every time and thrive on their satisfaction.
Cash For Honda Canberra

Janice Berry said...

A1 Wreckers has set the benchmark with its gold standards of recycling, wrecking and dismantling in the automobile industry. We always prioritize the safety of our Nature before profit-making and hope to inspire others to do the same.
4wd wreckers Brisbane

Benz Well said...

Best Cash for Cars Melbourne stands up to its name. Our car removal team has truly pushed the boundaries of excellence in terms of efficiency, service, performance and support. So, why not bid farewell to your beloved car in return for the highest cash.
car removal Kensington