Thursday, January 05, 2006

The Book of Stupid Protests

A sign in Macon Georgia says it best.


Many of those people call themselves "Christians".


The latest proof of this comes with the "Christian" outcry over a television show called "The Book of Daniel" which will debut on January 6. Led by the Christian boycott loving Donald Wildmon and his American Family Association. "AFA". These are the same who boycotted DISNEY for allowing gay people to enter their theme parks and considered a boycott of FORD for daring to advertise in a gay magazine.

According to promotions, "The Book of Daniel " television show involves a portrayal of Jesus as a "real" person. The star of the show actually sees Jesus and discusses life with him. But there is a GAY and LESBIAN characters on the show, with the Lesbian character having a relationship with another character on the show.

Oh, and the main character is a minister.

So the religious community again has their panties tied into a knot and people are calling for this show to be BANNED from television. So far, TV stations in two American cities are refusing to air "The Book of Daniel". Those stations are in Terre Haute, Indiana and Little Rock, Arkansas.

Do Christians know anything about the remote control's function that could relieve them of their stress over a television show? That function that CHANGES THE CHANNEL, or even better TURNS OFF THE TELEVISION. Do Christians know anything about freedom of speech in the US?

I am sure that I am going to be talking about this as I learn more about the protest and the TV show itself. Thanks to the outcry over this, I plan to watch the show this weekend. I seldom have any interest in new programs on "commercial" broadcast television, but I will check out "The Book of Daniel" to see what the fuss is all about.


1 comment:

/me said...

Your post just caught my attention too. As soon as it broadcasts in my country, i will watch it.
I wanna know what all the fuss is about!