Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Old Friends

Thanks to the internet, I have made a connection with an old friend from school.

Many years ago, I signed up on CLASSMATES.com and I put all of my schools just out of curiousity about old classmates. I had few friends in school. I many schools I had NO friends and no real reason to look up former classmates. There are many familiar names that I could not put a face to. But I left my profile on Classmates.com and mostly forgot about it.

But today I got an e-mail from one of those former Classmates. And this was a friend both in and out of school. We even kept in touch after I turned 18 and moved to another state but lost contact by the time I was 21.

That happens, people lose contact and move on with their lives. Now, some 18 years later I hear from that friend and learn that he is doing well and now lives across the country.

Hearing from that old friend has truly made my day!

Best wishes to that old friend! And thanks again to the classmates.com member who made this contact possible!

No comments: