Sunday, December 25, 2005

It was my peace on earth

Twas this night after Christmas and all through this house, not a creature stirred today. I never left the house. No phone calls, no visits, no noise, no food and no traffic trying to get to or from that holiday feast. Just plenty of sleep and hours of watching movies while sitting next to a lit fireplace. The fireplace helps me relax and it made sense to have the fireplace lit today. It was my own personal "yule log". So I wasn't completely "Bah Humbug" after all.

This was a very comfortable and relaxing day. It was my peace on earth and I am satisfied with the Christmas of 2005. I wanted little to do with the holiday and I achieved just that. I did plan on doing some yard work but I learned that most of my world will still be shut down tomorrow (Monday) since Christmas Day 2005 fell on a Sunday. So since I won't be able to conduct most business tomorrow, it will have to be work around the house. Weather permitting of course.

When I wake up in the morning I won't have to listen to any more "holiday" music until October when they begin that three month Christmas fest all over again. YEA!!!

No comments: