Wednesday, June 22, 2011

250th blog post: About my 1500th tweet

Two milestones are reached on the same day. For this blog which originally started at "The E Blog" then briefly last year was renamed the "Rainbow Soul Journal" and today is known as "Pride And Soul" reaches 250 blog posts with THIS edition. That number doesn't include the frequently blogging I did on MySpace during it's heyday. In fact, it was during my time blogging on MySpace that I neglected THIS blog which was established first.

The other milestone reached today is for my Twitter account. I will make posting a link to THIS blog entry the 1,500th "Tweet". If you came to this blog from that link on twitter then I thank you for being a follower of mine on Twitter. Much appreciated.

In honor of my 1,500th tweet I decided to find the 15 best tweets and place them here on the blog. There is no specific order within the fifteen best. They are random selections.

1. May 16, 2011
In the News, #DonaldTrump says he won't run for #POTUS2012 . In related news....shit still stinks! #theDonald #LGBT #theApprentice #trump

2. May 2, 2011
Bin Laden's death was really Obama's code for "Kiss my ASS Donald Trump..I got this!" @nikkiwoods @KeithOlbermann #osama #teaparty #gop

3. April 17, 2011
When life gives you lemons, make some sweet ice tea and have a drink. (then throw the used lemons at the people who piss you off)

4. April 8, 2011
If you don't stand up for your opinions, the opinions are impotent. If U can't stand to face other's opinions, YOU are impotent in the mind.

5. March 25, 2011
Irony: #RonaldReagan busts air traffic control union in 1981 and the lone air traffic controller at his namesake airport falls asleep on the job.

6. February 28, 2011
While most were watching the #Oscars I found a much more entertaining program. I watched "the back of my eyelids" for about 9 hours!

7. November 16, 2010
I don't care about a British couple getting married when I am forbidden to marry in 45 United States. #DOMA #KateMiddleton

8. November 17, 2010
I lost twitter followers after saying I DON'T CARE ABOUT THE FUTURE ROYAL WEDDING BC I (LGBT) cannot get married in the US! Buh Bye!

9. October 10, 2011 (tweeted from Atlanta Pride festival)
Note to Atlanta Pride. The karaoke stage is a BAD idea! Had to endure the sounds of strangling cats posing as singers all day.

10. August 6, 2010
Teenage crush rekindled after hearing Glenn Scarpelli on Frank DeCaro show. GAWD he still sounds adorable.

11. August 3, 2010
I just found out that one person finds my "incessant posting" was a reason he smashed his blackberry. Not my problem! He can delete me!

12. February 12, 2010
Regis and Joy Phlbin, married 40 years and singing together on national television. They say love is blind. In this case its also tone deaf.

13.September 18, 2009
Dentists should be imported to Crawford county Georgia..like weeds 2 a gardener they'll have plenty of customers

14.June 25, 2009 (While on road trip from Georgia to New York)
Ok rest room stall doors in Maryland are very short. enough to see the face of the person sitting down! Was this inspired by Larry Craig?


15. March 9, 2009

I'm sorry! I don't have time for this twitter stuff. I forgot I even had this account. But like most things, this addiction may claim me!


And, yes the addiction to Twitter did claim me. 1500 tweets, over 100 followers for no good reason and I follow some of the greatest people online. I spend a lot of time reading THEIR tweets and the links they often post within.

And so this is the 250Th blog post which is about my 1500 tweets.

And if you wish to follow me on Twitter (Don't know why but thank you ) you can find me at www.twitter.com/edricfloyd

No comments: