Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Soul Salute: Tyrone Davis

Tyrone Davis, born in Mississippi on May 4th 1938. We lost him on February 5, 2005 but we shall never lose his fantastic catalog of pure soul that will always keep us "Turning Back The Hands of Time", getting "in the mood" for "Mom's Apple Pie". And when you reach that "Turning Point", you just can't "Give it up and Turn It Loose" but you "Kiss you Where I Miss You" as the other guy says "I Wish it were me"

Oh but he "Had It All The Time"....classic soul by Tyrone Davis. DEEP Rhythm and Blues. From Mississippi to Chicago and back to Mississippi's Malaco. This is today's Soul Salute to the late Great Tyrone Davis.

"Turn Back The Hands of Time" (live)


"Can I Change My Mind"



"In The Mood"


"There It IS" (1973)


"Turning Point"


"I Wish It Were Me" (remake)


"Kiss You Where I Miss You"


"Mom's Apple Pie"

No comments: