Saturday, May 14, 2011

Disco Saturday (May 14th)

Well the Blogger site was down for nearly 24 hours but everything is back up and running in time for Pride And Soul's weekly "Disco Saturday".

Mind you this blogger can't dance but loves to listen to the old school beats. I wasn't quite old enough to go to any of the discoteques of that time but I surely had my ears glued to the radio and the records and tapes.

Here are this week's ten best of the best.

"Mandolay" (1979) by LaFlavour



"keep On Jumpin" (1978) by Musique


Musique included one of my all time favorite Dance music Divas on vocals, Jocelyn Brown. Legendary vocalist for many disco acts and productions and just a few SOLO releases in comparison but each top notch including the remake of "Aint No Mountain High Enough" by Inner Life



The BROOKLYN, BRONX AND QUEENS -BB and Q Band, "On the Beat" (1980)


Always have to include something from Philadelphia. Here is Harold Melvin & The Bluenotes with Teddy Pendergrass on vocals doing "Tell the World How I Feel About Cha Baby" from the 1975 album "Wake Up Everybody"



Also from Philadelphia, THE TRAMMPS

"Zing went the strings of my heart"


And now we can CHANT!!!!



Keep it HOT! Cheryl Lynn



"I've Got The Next Dance" by Deniece Williams




And for the old school House music fans, lets "Break For Love" by RAZE and the timing for me would be late 1980's, South Beach Miami. Power 96 radio used to jam this!


And there is your ten for this week's "Disco Saturday" Hope you enjoyed it.

No comments: