Saturday, July 02, 2011

"So In Love" with Jill Scott's new song

The rare NEW song that I am enjoying

"So In Love With You" by Jill Scott featuring Anthony Hamilton and comes from Jill Scott's latest CD album release "The Light of The Sun"



Writen by Scott & Hamilton along with Terry Lewis and JR Hutson, the son of soul singer Leroy Hutson. Hutson and Scott are the primary producers of the album as well.

I first heard this song on the "Heart and Soul" channel on SiriusXM satellite radio. I have become so disgusted with new music and broadcast radio where I live that I likely would have missed this song. I realize that I discovered it late after this single was released. But better late than never. And just in time for the entire CD was released on June 21. And Jill Scott is one of the VERY few recording artists who is worthy of purchasing an actual hard copy compact disc so it can be held in your hand, its liner notes read and later placed in a respectful location on the shelf.

I'm not crazy about labels like "neo soul" but honestly, it is because of "neo soul" that soul music still exists. And I dare to say that Jill Scott is the Queen of "neo soul" who in my opinion hasn't missed a single beat with any of her CD releases. This latest song is a crown jewel.

No comments: