Sunday, February 06, 2011

Ronnie 100: What my grandmother taught me.

Sunday February 6, 1911 was the day 100 years ago that Ronald Reagan was born. He grew up to become an actor in Hollywood, Sacramento and Washington DC. My Grandmother Anna Rea Burton Pettis was born just over 10 years later in South Carolina. She grew up to become a mother of one but graces many others with motherly love and wisdom.

My grandmother has something in common with Ronald Reagan. They died on the same day in 2004. Both left a lasting legacy that had great impact on anyone they knew or served.

My grandmother's legacy included valuable words of wisdom and advice that make sense. One item she always told me was that if you didn't have anything good to say about someone that it was best to say nothing at all.

So here are my thoughts about the legacy of Ronald Wilson Reagan...................................................................................................................................................................
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
See grandma, I hear you and follow your advice. And it feels good.

No comments: