Monday, December 27, 2010

Rest in Peace Lady T

Mary Christine Brockhert, lovingly known to her fans as TEENA MARIE died on December 26, 2010 at the age of 54.

I would like to write my own personal tribute but honestly, this sudden death has hit me pretty hard. I needed to resume regular posting of my blog especially on music issues and I hate that this sad loss may be the event that resumes the regular posts. But I will say something later as my work schedule permits. Also when I can put clear thoughts together in respect to this great entertainer.

In the meantime I shall share with you three favorite songs by Teena Marie. These by no means are the only favorites. Just some you likely WON'T find mentioned in other tributes.

"Shadow Boxing" from the 1983 album "Robbery"



"Now That I Have You" from the 1980 album "Lady T"
Written and produced by Richard Rudolph, the widower of Minnie Riperton



"Aladdin's Lamp" also from the 1980 album "Lady T"




More thoughts about Teena Marie later. Rest in Peace "Lady T"

Her fans are hurting today.

No comments: