Sunday, September 26, 2010

Going Down? (Bishop Eddie Long)

I am so sorry! I apologize for my last post has been quite a while ago. I missed the opportunity to post birthdays of legends in music and I missed many opportunities to blog about important issues especially in the LGBT community over recent weeks. But those stories are far from over. I will have things to say later.

On to THIS blog post. The title "Going Down" can have many meanings. In this case it is in reference to the current story of an Atlanta based preacher who's recent practice of "going down" may lead to his empire "coming down". I speak of a man who calls himself "Bishop" Eddie Long of the New Birth Missionary Baptist Church in Lithonia Georgia. A member of the clergy known for his staunch anti-gay beliefs and sermons that even called for the DEATH of gay and lesbian people.

But the man who calls himself "Bishop" Eddie Long was recently sued by several young men who claim that the man who calls himself "Bishop" Eddie Long engaged in inappropriate sexual activity with the young men of the same gender. Some of the accusations actually include "going down". (You know the reference)

I am focused on the phrase "Going Down" because of my best "tweet" ever. On the day after news of Eddie Long's lawsuits came out, the popular website Facebook had several outages. Yes, the website Facebook kept going offline, or "going down" and thus my "tweet" simply said "Today Facebook went down almost as much as Bishop Eddie Long" and the tweet was followed and retweeted by many including popular bloggers like Pam Spaulding of Pam's House Blend. A blog that is VERY much covering the "Bishop" Eddie Long story.

Anyway I will be making my own comments about this as more of the story "comes out", another GAY phrase we can use regarding the man who calls himself "Bishop" Eddie Long.

So on to todays "Going Down" songs, dedicated to the man who calls himself "Bishop" Eddie Long.

BUT FIRST, the truth about the man who calls himself "Bishop" Eddie Long and so many other members of the clergy and politicians. Telling it like it IS! The Great Millie Jackson's song "Hypocrisy"



Now that I got that out of the way. Here are some "Going Down" songs. Some of them might be in Eddie Long's collection.

Perhaps the man who calls himself "Bishop" Eddie Long likes the classic soul music of the 1970's. Like Rose Royce's "I'm Going Down" from the movie "Car Wash"




Perhaps Eddie Long played the Rose Royce song while he was missing one of the young bucks in his congregation. Hmmmm?


And following "I'm Going Down" perhaps Eddie Long was inspired to meet his next young buck by singing "I Wanna Get Next To You".


Oh yes, the man who calls himself "Bishop" Eddie Long was accused of giving teenage boys rides in cars like his (ROLLS ROYCE) BENTLEY with the thought in the back of his mind songs like "ooh boy I love you so, never never ever gonna let you go, once I get my hands on you"



So after singing those songs, the man who calls himself "Bishop" Eddie Long went from Rose Royce to R. Kelly, creeping on the "Down Low" and hoping that nobody would know.



But now that the boys have grown to men, it might be time for the man who calls himself "Bishop" Eddie Long to pay for "Feeling On Their Booty"



Yeah, the mighty preacher man is going down. To be continued for sure!

No comments: