Sunday, March 19, 2006

My parking lot pet peeve!

I really hope that somehow some way the person who owns a certain vehicle with Lee County Georgia license plates hears about the comments you are about to read. They may not care about my comments. After all, they obviously did not care about the situation that prompted me to make this blog article. As you read this, you’ll find pictures of the very situation that I found so annoying that I felt steam running out of my ears. I really had no reason to get upset about anything. I would not have suffered one damn bit over this one individual’s action because I was simply making a delivery for the event. I just get annoyed at the type of rudeness this individual displayed on this particular day.

So what got me steamed in the parking lot of HOUSTON COUNTY HIGH SCHOOL in Warner Robins, Georgia?


The inconsiderate owner of this vehicle who thought they were so important that it necessary to take THREE parking spaces exclusively for their ONE vehicle. Not just that, they did this as close to the building as possible during an event where people came from all over the state. Parking spaces were limited with all of the school buses and personal cars from out of town visiting this school for an all day event… And this one asshole eliminated the opportunity for two other people to have a parking space.



Most people who don’t want anyone to park so close to their car would park at the FAR end of the parking lot. NOT right at the building near the main entrance as the driver of this TEN YEAR OLD SUV did. You see people do this at many parking lots especially shopping centers. The owner of a car does not want to risk getting a “ding” or a scratch on their precious vehicle. I usually cannot blame them. I don’t want my car to get damaged either. But there is not a single vehicle that is so special that it is entitled to more than one parking space in a public lot. Not one!

If anyone thinks that their car is worthy of taking more space than they really need then I have this advice…

DON’T TAKE YOUR VEHICLE OUT IN PUBLIC! Keep your precious ride at home locked safely in your own garage. Only drive on roads on your own private land where you can control access and prevent others from getting within ten feet of your vehicle. That way, you’ll avoid getting the car scratched, dinged or breathed on.

I have a habit of parking far away from most buildings. One reason is to minimize the risk of getting dinged, the other reason is for the exercise by walking the extra distance. But in no way do I think that any vehicle that I own is more special than anyone elses. Hell, even my "good" car has 118,000 miles on it. It still looks and drives nice, but even when it was new it was no more special than any other car on the road. Just ask the two people on the road who HIT my car in the first two years I have had it. Ask their insurance companies who paid a combined total of $3,100 in damages in those two incidents.

Well, maybe paying to get my car repaired made it special to Allstate and State Farm. They each got to raise someone's insurance premiums and I got to drive nice rental cars for free!

Anyway, people like the asshole that owns this 1990something Mercury Mountaineer with hideous wheel rims really annoy me. People like that deserve getting their tires slashed and doors keyed. Now I am not suggesting that anyone vandalize any vehicle. I am only saying that they deserve it in principle for being an inconsiderate asshole.

There, I said it! I expressed my opinion about the asshole who owned the vehicle that was parked close to a building and utilizing more parking spaces then they were entitled to. Now, let me say a few words about the vehicle itself!


What a waste of money and what an ugly piece of crap! I’ll be nice and say “crap” instead of that other word, but the other word feels more appropriate. The wheel rims are hideous! They make an already ugly SUV even more painful to my eyes. And this is the piece of “crap” that someone felt was so special that they just could not allow anyone to park “close” to it?

That piece of shit (there I said it!) truck should be crushed into a cube! And the person who spent real money on those hideous ghetto wheels should get a real education in how to spend money on something more important. But this SUV probably belongs to a student or someone who was educated in someplace like LEE COUNTY Georgia where the truck was registered. Knowing that, maybe I should cut them some slack.

But not for the parking space incident! I don’t care where you are from or what you drive. No one is ever entitled to more than ONE parking space!

Yeah! I said it!

No comments: