Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Bad Language on Talk Radio?

I drive so much. And I often listen to talk radio. I have been a talk radio fan for years. From Neil Rogers back home locally in South Florida to former late night TV host Tom Snyder when he had a late night talk radio show in the early 1990's to Neal Boortz and Clark Howard today.

No I am not a fan of Rush Limbaugh, but I even listen to his show occasionally. However I am very proud to say that I am a huge Neal Boortz fan. I listen to his show live daily whenever and wherever I can and again when it repeats at night from a distant AM radio signal, 1110 WBT out of Charlotte, NC. I like to think that I could be the associate pastor of Neal Boortz' "church of the painful truth". Because I like to call it as I see it and I am an equal opportunity critic of many things and people. This blog is a planned example of that.

Today for the first time I tuned into the "Air America" Radio station based in Atlanta. AM 1690 while I was working from Griffin GA across to Monticello and Eatonton. Air America is intended to be the more liberal (or progressive as they call it) voice in talk radio. Air America is available on satalite radio and on a few broadcast radio stations around the US. Those broadcast stations usually don't have the signal strength as the stations that broadcast the more "conservative" talk shows. However I do appreciate freedom of speech and a diverse choice in programing, so I tuned in to Air America and I have two observations.

ONE, I was bored to death with the host who was filling in for Randi Rhodes! The guy was Mike Malloy and he has mostly been a failure in having his own talk show in many cities over decades. I remember him having shows in Atlanta and in Florida and never being able to stand listening to an entire show. I think he is a terrible substitute for Randi Rhodes who I listened to for years on local radio back home in South Florida. She was entertaining to listen to regardless of your political opinion. I hope to catch her show when she is actually hosting it.

Observation TWO, Are they allowed to "cuss" (curse) on Air America? Cause the callers let some words slip and there was no reaction to it. One caller actually said something that sounded like "putting up with that Republican shit" and the host agreed with him. Any other show would have had a delay and the host of the show would have hung up and moved on.

So I ask, is foul language the norm on Air America? If it is and they can get away with it THEN I WANT TO HEAR NEAL BOORTZ SAY SOME CURSE WORDS Dammit!!! It would be priceless to hear Boortz tell a caller to "Go F@#$ Youself". He would be great at it! And finally his ratings would be much greater than any other talk radio host!

Neal Boortz and Bill O'reilly hate each other. If they could speak uncensored, we could know how they really feel about each other. I almost watched Neal Boortz cuss out Phil Donahue when he walked off Donahue's show a couple years ago. I would love to watch him cuss out O'reilly in the "no spin zone".

And if the callers can call into a radio show and say what they really feel, then I can finally call Sean Hannity and tell him exactly what I think he is.....an annoying arrogant ASS!

No comments: