Monday, November 23, 2009

He kissed a boy and parents didn't like it

This is a story I so don't care about but so many do!

At the 2009 American Music Awards, one of the performers engaged in a same-sex kiss and appearantly there were some dance moves and attire that was also deemed controversal.

I am amazed at the issues that get people stirred up about. And I am amused at how people get obsessed over people with no talent and all flash.

Who gives a damn if Adam Lambert kissed a man on TV? Conservatives and "family values" people, are you jealous of Adam? I am because I can't find a man to kiss me but I digress.

Why are you family values types so outraged over some talentless brat on TV? Where is your outrage over the slutty females who were on the SAME PROGRAM?

Like many I subscribe to a tv service. Some have cable, I have satalite. I think I have 400 channels to choose from in my house and I KNOW that I am not forced to watch any single one of them. It is impossible for me to watch ALL of them unless I never leave the house. I do know that I never watch that alledged talent show that Adam Lambert was on. I don't watch award shows on TV either. I don't even watch Oprah that much. And won't watch at all I guess since she is retiring in 2011. And if I did watch these programs and there was something on any of these shows that I don't like then its MY problem and MY obligation to change the channel or SHUT UP.

Do we have to light lazer beams to show people where to find the buttons on their remote control that can easily prevent them from being "exposed" to things they may not like or want their children to see? And perhaps a greater point to make...any child you would not want to see whatever Adam Lambert did on TV last night should have been in bed at that time anyway. Didn't this happen late into the show?

I have read that parents groups are outraged over whatever happened. Those parents are candy assed wimps! They should not be allowed to raise children. My mother had no problem controling the TV sets in our house. If she wanted it OFF, it was off! There was no discussion necessary in Elerwene Burton Floyd's household. So what is the problem with today's parents actually having control over things in their household?


The defense against children watching inappropiate things on TV was simple when I was growing up. They were questions like who paid for the TV? Who paid for cable or satalite? Or as my elders used to say, who paid the rent or mortgage up in here? The one who pays the cost is the boss. If parents took control of their households and actually raised their children then same-sex kisses and nasty dance routines would not be an issue. You could force your kids to watch a polka on PBS or allow the to stay up past their bedtime and risk seeing an "end of the world" event like two boys kissing during a song which the star didn't sing very well.

Or more importantly, PARENTS can teach their children right from wrong and be honest enough to teach them that there are many things you might not agree with but are out there in the world. Parents can prepare their children for the REAL WORLD and I am no talking about some bullshit reality show on MTV.

Or people can get over themselves and appreciate the little bit of freedom we claim to have in the United States of America. Freedom to watch or NOT watch things we don't feel comfortable with.

Oh, but its easier to sit on our increasingly fat asses and complain and force our values onto others.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha! Nice blog. I liked this post. However, I do have to say that that all Conservatives are the way you describe them here. I'm a conservative; I'm not like that.

Kurlz said...

i completely agree...parents dont do shit, and then complain about their kids bein out of control and seein "inappropriate" things on tv, that they pay for, and they sit and watch with their kids in the room...shitty parents like that are the reason people arent alowed to do anything worth watching on public tv to begin with.