Tuesday, September 29, 2009

One less "Good Ole' Boy" in the network.

So I worked a little this morning and was home by noon. Heard some sirens but didn't think much about it. After all I do live between a police station, two fire stations and about a mile from the hospital. I hear sirens all the time.

Early afternoon: I noticed someone posted a status update saying they were praying for the speedy recovery of the Mayor Donald Walker. So I took a break from work (paperwork submission online) and looked online to see what happened. The mayor was shot, then the news changed to he shot himself and was in surgery.


Ten minutes after the "surgery" update came this news...



This suddenly became a real tragic big deal. The mayor who was up for re-election and for the first time in 15 years actually had a few serious competitors for his job was now dead. And nobody knows why he killed himself.

I'm thinking about all the negative things I said about the mayor and came to the resolution that while this city needed new political leadership, THIS WAS NOT THE WAY FOR IT TO HAPPEN. I felt that I should be respectful in my comments.

But then the sugarcoated evening news reports came about.

The 6:00 News including a few tibits you will NEVER see or hear in the local media...at least not for a while.


Watching the news and listening to local radio and the sugarcoating of King Donald Walker's political career from his friends in the good ole' boy network could be dangerous for a diabetic.

So I took a break from the evening news, allowed the political blood sugar level to get back into shape in time for the 10 and 11:00 news. And luckily I did not go into diabetic shock from the late night cream puff sweet stories about the Late almost great Mayor Donald Walker



I could go into deep details of my observations as a resident of Warner Robins Georgia for almost 15 years, the entire time of King Donald's reign. But there are two things to keep me from expressing my real true thoughts.

1. I met the mayor many times and as a person he was always courteous. And for that there is really no reason to slam the man at the time of his death. I did that enough while he was living. If you find my past comments about Donald Walker on MySpace or Facebook, that should suffice.

2. I am not really that much of a mean spirited asshole. And while I prefer to be the one offering painful honesty I don't feel like being that mean one today.

So Rest IN Peace Mayor Donald Walker. And may this city I live in continue to progress but in a way that abandons the good ole' boy 1950's mindset.

No comments: