Monday, July 06, 2009

I am in the Michael Jackson FREE ZONE and don't you dare penetrate it.

Sometime last month a celebrity named Michael Jackson died. He had LOTS of devoted fans who were distraught when the news of his death came out.

People all over world played, sang and listened to his music. Even I listened to some of the songs that I liked that Michael Jackson's voice just happened to be on. I admit Michael Jackson had talent. But Michael Jackson also had issues.

People have spent the past many many many days either talking about his talents or talking about his controversies. But my reason for this blog is to not rehash everything we know about Michael Jackson good or bad. I want to put in firmly on record that I am dropping far out of this circus.

I could say that the vultures (family) have flocked to the image and estate ($$$) of Michael Jackson like flies to a turd. The fact alone that it has taken a couple weeks to finally get to having a funeral is disgusting in itself. But that's all I am going to say about that. Count me as one who is very long tired of hearing anything further about Michael Jackson. So I insist that anyone who knows me get to know the following very very well.

I AM DONE WITH THE MICHAEL JACKSON CIRCUS! I will NOT watch the funeral circus on television, will NOT read news articles nor watch or listen to newscasts about this funeral circus. This may mean totally turning off ALL access to media for at least the next couple days. But I will be a peace.

I don't want any e-mails about. No text messages and I will not read your Twitter, Facebook or MySpace posts or status updates about Michael Jackson.

DO NOT CALL ME ABOUT MICHAEL JACKSON over the telephone. Any violators of that request will hear a dial tone.

I will ignore publicity whores like Al Sharpton who think that Michael Jackson's funeral circus should represent a national day or mourning. I will also not purchase a stamp with his plastic face on it. Let me stress again, I am long tired of this frenzy. See my life will NOT come to an end because of the death of Michael Jackson.

I will enjoy some of his music in the future but I am so tired of hearing any of it right now. A couple days of honoring his memory was more than enough. But this obsession along with the media frenzy and fans who must have way too much time on their hands are rather pathetic. Its my opinion and I understand that I may be in a minority. But my life from the posting of this blog forward is now a MICHAEL JACKSON FREE ZONE!

I know it will be difficult to avoid the news, but you can be dammed sure that I will avoid any talk or knowledge of it for the foreseeable future.

No comments: